THE STORY OF HOW WE GOT STARTED
This crazy adventure started with a set of snow tires.
My wife and I moved to Denver in the summer of 2015 and when the snow began to fall that first Winter, we knew we needed to upgrade our tires so we could survive our weekend ski trips.
So, I bought some studded snow tires that made our tiny VW Golf transform into a snow beast. And I simply put our old summer tires into the guest bedroom to wait till Spring.
My beautiful wife quickly told me that we weren’t going to store our seasonal tires in the guest bedroom. She wanted a proper bedroom for guests. Conundrum. We were already paying a ton of money for rent and didn’t want to spend $75/month at a local self-storage unit.
But, the choice was clear: spend the money for storage or have an upset wife.
I chose neither and instead my entrepreneurial mind went into overdrive. What if there was an easier, more convenient solution for people who wanted storage?
SquirrelBox was born.
We launched this venture in early 2016 and focused on valet storage for any Denver resident. Since then, we’ve narrowed our focus to two specific storage situations:
We launched our premiere student storage service at the University of Denver. After an overwhelmingly positive response from students and parents, we have expanded to other colleges throughout Colorado like Regis University, School of Mines, Colorado Christian University and others.
Tire storage was the genesis of our storage company and we continue serving people with storage for their seasonal tires. We’ve partnered with local tire shops and dealerships to provide a hassle-free, easy solution for Denver residents.
My wife had no idea that complaining about our own tire situation, we would end up storing thousands of tires for our community and thousands of boxes for college students.
This entrepreneurial journey has been a wild ride, and I’m very excited about what the future holds. We stand committed to providing an exceptional customer service experience and helping people with very convenient student and tire storage.
Lastly, SquirrelBox wouldn’t be here without the help and support of many people. Thanks so much to my wife who has supported me and this endeavor from the very beginning. To my family and friends, your encouragement on the entrepreneurial journey is the only reason SquirrelBox is still here. Thank you. Finally, to all our customers, you’ve trusted us and let us store your things. I’m honored and humbled, and I’m forever grateful.
If you’re not a customer, we hope you’ll consider becoming one. Safely storing your items is our priority and we won’t let you down. If you have any questions, please reach out directly to me.
A few fun facts:
- We landed our first customer one week after launch!
- Our most unique item stored has been a massive bean bag chair that took two people to carry!
- 26% of people in Denver don’t own cars! That’s one reason we pickup and deliver.
- Squirrels can smell their stored food underneath a foot of snow!
- A squirrel’s front teeth never stop growing!
- Why SquirrelBox? Squirrels are fast, agile and naturally store items. And, the logo is pretty awesome too!
Veteran & Family Business
- Cameron served on active duty in the Army for over 5 years as a Logistics Officer. He currently still serves in the U.S. Army Reserves.
- With years of complex logistics experience, Cameron loves storage and warehousing. It’s actually exciting for him!
- Cameron and Lindsey are partners in life and in this business. While Cameron runs the day-to-day operations, Lindsey has been a source of crucial encouragement and helps out with deliveries when needed!
- Their son has been featured in some marketing materials 🙂